just procrastinating

Monday, May 15, 2006

Clean Windows
Twice a year or so they wash the windows of the building where I work. I'm on the fourth and top floor and they are up there making a big racket today. They wash them "old school", which is my own term that means with the ropes and the swing-like seat, not the lame scaffolding thing that moves up and down the side of the building. These guys are the elite of the janitorial staff and they know it. No averted glances or sheepish "Hi" from these guys when you walk by them in the halls.

One of them walked by me earlier all harnessed up and kinda looking like fighter pilot and it made me feel a little inadequate, as I headed back to my desk to sit at my computer and click away, while he was out risking his life to bring a little more sunshine through.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com