just procrastinating

Friday, May 12, 2006

Highlander
I just crossed paths with some guy in lobby who made me do a double take. I was walking in and he was walking out carrying an office chair, and he looked exactly like this guy I knew in college. I was sort of friends with him and he ended up transferring after a couple of years and that was last I'd seen or heard from him. Except, this guy looked exactly the same, and hadn't aged a day. That was almost 17 years ago and he looked exactly the same.

Anyway, that reminded me of the movie the Highlander ("There can be only one"). In that movie, there were a bunch of people throughout history who became immortal for some reason and they would all have to fight it out in the end, since, well, there can be only one left. The immortals don't age so they can't really sustain relationships with other people for very long since families and friends die off and they are left alone. Is it possible that this guy is actually an immortal, doing a stint in Charlottesville delivering office furniture?

A quick google finds that person aging and balding, so no probably not.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com