just procrastinating

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Buffet/Bond
Exciting times here in Charlottesville as the the local Chi-Chis reluctantly came to the conclusion that the 80s are over and has closed. In it's place they have decided to go back a decade and put in a "Cheesburger in Paradise", which however cheesy, sounds kind of fun. I once heard an interview of Jimmy Buffett who said that somehow he managed to tap into a certain segment of the population's everyday need for escapism and it has carried him pretty far. And I thought, yeah, you know, I listen to those songs and I think of being on a beach in Florida or Mexico with a Pina Colada or a Corona in my hand.

But back to the whole escapism thing. On the hard drive of my DVR I have Dr. No, Goldfinger, From Russia with Love, Thunderball and You Only Live Twice, which, I suppose are there as my go to movies for escapism. I used to watch this video of Raiders of the Lost Ark back in high school all the time as well. It's the same thing really: after a boring day of spreadsheets and meetings, maybe I could be like James Bond?


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com