just procrastinating

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Old Navy
My wife and I went to Old Navy to pick out some semi-disposable maternity clothes since she's 26 weeks into it now and...well I'll just leave it at that. Anyway she got like 4 shirts and 3 pairs of pants and I picked up a sweatshirt that was on sale for $10. Total Bill: a shockingly low $100! A lot of stuff was on sale, but jees that's cheap.

So I used this occasion to talk about how great globalization is, and if this stuff was all made in the Carolinas instead of Myanmar or Pakistan it would cost twice as much. Sure, those folks had to lose their jobs, but those jobs sucked and now they all work on pit-crews for NASCAR or at the local Piggly Wiggly. Win-win I say. And since the child labor laws were less stringent in those countries you can get the kind of detailed embroidery that can only be produced by tiny fingers working 14 hour days. (OK, I kid, I kid).

When we got back home and looked at the receipt we realized that the reason it was so cheap was because the checkout lady only charged us for about 5 things, instead of 8. Oh well, my point was still valid!


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com