just procrastinating

Thursday, March 18, 2004

A Search for Justice
Dear UVA Dept. of Transportation and Parking:

I am writing to appeal a parking ticket that I received on Wednesday, March 17 at 11:38 AM. I have enclosed the receipt from the meter that shows that I paid in full the $0.50 for one hour, from 11:23AM – 12:23PM, for parking space #45, while I was working out at the Aquatic and Fitness Center.

I understand that there is a warning issued if you have no previous infractions in the prior 12 months, and that no payment is required of me at this time. However I would like to have this warning back, since I am usually pretty absent minded about using the meter, and quite frankly, just got lucky on this occasion. I sensed that enforcement would be heavy on that day, since the students had just returned from spring break, and I was right.

I understand that often there is a timing difference between when the officer checks the meters and follows up with the cars outside, so I imagine mistakes are common. Because of this, please do not feel obligated to respond with a written apology.

Sincerely,

-Dave S.
Ticket Number: E0108343


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com