just procrastinating

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Cold Stone
A couple of weekends back I was out in Richmond, and stopped for some ice cream at the Cold Stone Creamery. I had never been to of these, so my immediate reaction was "I wanna own stock in this company". Of course, it turns out they are privately held, so that won't happen until they go public.

The thing that I liked about it--in addition to the ice cream--was that every time someone hit the tip jar, the entire staff would start singing these goofy ice cream songs. I had a smile on my face the entire time I was there. The people that worked there seemed to be enjoying themselves, I mean, as much as any teenager slinging ice cream could at a job. It was just a refreshing change to see people having fun in a job like that, rather than the dour faces I have become accustomed to seeing on a typical franchise employee.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com