just procrastinating

Saturday, March 13, 2004

School of Rock
I rented School of Rock tonight. I didn't really have any desire to see this at the theater, but I've heard people say good things about it since, so I was looking forward to it coming out on video, which it did last week. I thought it was great; a sweet, funny story. Jack Black is a funny guy and he reminds me a lot of John Belushi for his physical comedy.

A funny moment for me is when he is eating lunch with the teachers, and they ask him how he feels about various types of testing for students. Since he doesn't have any idea what kind of testing they are talking about, he goes into a "you know what I believe" monologue...which is a word for word recitation of Whitney Houston's "Greatest Love of All". And I guess it's funny for me because I do that all the time. If for some reason my wife will ask me, "well, Dave what do you believe?" she now knows that she has to add, "besides that 'children are our future'". Yeah, I know it's stupid, but I'm easily amused. And I think I got that from that one scene in Coming to America, where Eddie Murphy (as Randy Watson) sings it.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com