just procrastinating

Saturday, March 20, 2004

Parents in Town
My parents decided to leave their grandchildren for a couple of days, and flew out of the great city of Chicago this morning to visit their prodigal son. The only problem is that I have to serve as cruise director and they have pretty much done all of Charlottesville in their previous 2 visits here. As far as this town goes, once you have checked out Monticello, UVA, and some of the wineries, that's pretty much it. You have done Charlottesville, at least from a tourist standpoint. So I need to come up with a unique afternoon activity for tomorrow.

Which sort of reminds me that my wife and I really are ready to move. We were driving around a few weeks ago trying to think of things to do on a nice Sunday afternoon that didn't involve drinking wine or visiting open houses. And we couldn't come up with anything. It is a great town, and would be a great place to raise kids, but I think 4 years is enough.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com