just procrastinating

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

College
The kids are back at U Va which is always a busy time on campus here in Charlottesville. I was just thinking that the Freshman class here, or "first years" as they call 'em were born in 1987, the year I graduated from High School. I'm not sure why that matters, but it's an interesting milestone. That, and when they graduate in 2009, I'll be just about turning 40.

Anyway, I'm getting roped into this Tommy Lee Goes to College thing, which isn't that good, but clearly there must be something appealing about Tommy Lee (besides the obvious) that makes him interesting. He seems like a nice enough guy; oddly good-natured and harmless. I think they could have done something with this series, but instead are just going with the predictable. Turns out he is a 42-year old Spicoli, and he looks it. Big surprise.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com