just procrastinating

Monday, April 05, 2004

New Baseball Glove
I have a friend down here who plays on a softball team and they are always looking for players, so I told him that I could if they needed me. We had a game last night and I needed to get a new glove, because I guess I lost my old one. I haven't really been in the market for a baseball glove in about 18 years and I was surprised to find that they still cost about what they did back in 1986. I bought this sweet Mizuno glove here, and it was on sale for $40.

Isn't outsourcing great? I get a sweet baseball glove for $40 and some kid in the Philippines has a job. That's win/win in my book.

So we played last night at 8:30PM and lost big, like 23-12. The other team had obviously been practicing. I was a pretty disappointing 1 for 3 with an RBI and run scored. I was swinging for the fences and just don't seem to have the bat speed to get it over the fence, so I kept popping up. In the field, I was error free at second base, which is odd given my history. It was fun.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com