just procrastinating

Monday, March 29, 2004

Temperature Fluctuations
Its now that time of year when you need to alternate between having the heat on in the morning and the air conditioner on in the evening. Human beings just don't have that much tolerance for a very wide range of indoor temperatures, or at least this one doesn't. As far as indoor temperatures go anything below 68 is getting a little too cold and anything above 76 is getting too warm, especially with the humidity. During the winter, I usually set the thermostat at 68 and as long as I am wearing long sleeves, that is pretty comfortable. In the summer, I usually have it set at 76 and at night drop it down to 73. Throw on the ceiling fan, and that works fine for me.

The other day it got above 80 outside during the day and at night it was still 80 degrees in the bedroom, even though the windows were open and it was much cooler outside. So I had to give in and turn on the A/C, which pains me to do since it is only March. But hey, that's why we have jobs. After college, I lived with some guys that wanted to go until November before they turned on the heat. Even with the somewhat mild Washington, DC climate, that is surprisingly difficult to bear. Especially at night, and even worse when you try to shower and get ready in the morning.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com