just procrastinating

Monday, March 08, 2004

Clear Channel
So Clear Channel is at it again, this time striking locally. WUMX 107.5, which is a Charlottesville Clear Channel station (The Mix 107.5) just changed their format from a lame pop sound to "smooth jazz". I suppose I don't care too much about that, but they dropped the morning show that I sort of liked: Kidd Kraddick in the Morning. Kidd Kraddick is a sort of PG-rated morning crew, but they are pretty funny and I got to know them. Now unless I want to listen to the Acoustic Sunrise of WNRN, which always puts me back to sleep, I am stuck with the local morning crew, the Big Greasy Breakfast on WWWV.

The local guys aren't so bad, but you have to put up with their classic rock format, and they play the worst kind of classic rock. Don't expect to hear Jimi or Zeppelin--think Boston, Foreigner and Grand Funk Railroad. And at least one song by them every half hour.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com