just procrastinating

Friday, January 30, 2004

Local Politics
I went to the mall over lunch and as I was walking out I noticed a unique looking individual that I thought I recognized. Sure enough, it was local real estate agent turned city councilman Rob Schilling. I said hi to him and we talked for about 10 minutes. I don't really follow local politics all that much, but Rob has an interesting story in that he is the only Republican on what is a very liberal city council. If you take a look at him, he doesn't quite look like an evil Republican, but he gets treated pretty badly by the press and the city council, just because he has an (R) after his name. He has a background of being an entrepreneur, so he works to keep the government of people's backs. But anyway, he seemed like a good guy, so any locals reading this should support Rob Schilling.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com