just procrastinating

Thursday, January 29, 2004

Young Entrepreneur Sees Movie, Gets Idea
I was just mentioning the other day how I saw "Can't Buy Me Love" on cable and I read this article today via Fark about a young entrepreneur who saw the same movie and got an idea:
She had been watching the 1987 movie "Can't Buy Me Love," starring Patrick Dempsey as a dorky high schooler who pays a cheerleader $1,000 a month to date him.

"I thought, what a great idea, but I wanted to do it in a way that I wouldn't have to see the guy."

That first auction netted $40, and Judy, who wants to be an elementary school teacher, now sells her services through her own Web site, www.judylovesme.com. Since September, she's made about $300.
Her services are just letters and a picture, but ideal for someone who needs to prove that they have a girlfriend or to make someone else jealous. This part is funny:
And for just $4.99, you can land an "Imaginary Stalker Ex-Boyfriend," who will e-mail you "on a daily basis, asking where you've been all day and who you were with."
Just what everyone needs.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com