just procrastinating

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Are You An Assassin?
I don't know if I mentioned this at some point before, but the company I work for is being bought out by a large cable company that rhymes with the word "bombast". In fact if you swapped out all of the "b's" in "bombast" for the next letter in the alphabet you'd have it. Well today we met the folks who will be our new corporate overlords...and our eventual assassins. It's unlikely that will keep an office here since they have facilities nearby in Richmond and DC. But who knows? I'm not worried yet, since this deal will still take some time (6 months maybe), but I guess it's time to polish off the old resume.

But anyway, this scene from Apocalypse Now was running through my head today:
Kurtz: Did they say why, Willard, why they want to terminate my command?
Willard: I was sent on a classified mission, sir.
Kurtz: It's no longer classified, is it? Did they tell you?
Willard: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.
Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?
Willard: I don't see any method at all, sir.
Kurtz: I expected someone like you. What did you expect? Are you an assassin?
Willard:I'm a soldier.
Kurtz: You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com