just procrastinating

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Cool Pics
These color pictures from the 40s are pretty cool. This one, from 1943, looking north with Michigan Avenue on the left there (I think) is pretty impressive when you think how the skyline has changed. Something about color makes these pictures and the people in them seem more real.

It's hard to explain, but maybe something about growing up with color pictures makes black and white seem dated and distant. I don't know. I had the same reaction when I first saw these color photos from Tsarist Russian. I'm sure in a few years the kids will have the same reaction to color pics or movies that aren't in high definition, and then later some other kids will have the same reaction to images that aren't 3 dimentional. Via Fark.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com