just procrastinating

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Bad Idea
Some chump, Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Ted Stevens, seems to think it will be a good idea to expand the broadcast decency standards to Cable and satellite TV and radio:
"Cable is a much greater violator in the indecency area," the Alaska Republican told the National Association of Broadcasters, which represents most local television affiliates. "I think we have the same power to deal with cable as over-the-air" broadcasters.
What a douche. I don't think he is right, but I might have to rethink my vote if the Republican party is looking to make cable as boring as broadcast. Not that it will matter anyway. Basic cable is basically boring. The future is all Video on Demand, and I don't think they can control that anyway.

Update: The Window Manager picks up on this post's lack of argument here. Is there any argument for more goverment control?


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com