just procrastinating

Monday, February 14, 2005

Grammys
I watched some of the Grammys last night. I thought the opening sequence was very well done. I'm not too familiar with many of the artists these days, but that doesnt' mean that I can't have an uniformed, strongly held opinion.

I like that Alicia Keys. Whatever it is she is singing about, she really means it.

I loved that "Heaven" song by Los Lonely Boys the first time I heard it. I quickly tried to learn to play it on guitar. By the fourth or fifth time I heard it, I was bored with it. By the 20th time, I was sick of it. Now I hate it.

I liked John Mayer a lot when he first came out with that "Back to You" song. If he would have ended there, I would still like him, but he quickly became overplayed. He won last night for an insipid song called "Daughters", which not only sucks, but I think the line "girls become lovers, who turn into Mothers" is pretty insulting.

Ray Charles seemed to win big last night. Good for him. I saw Ray Charles play live fifteen years with my folks at Parents weekend at Miami University (Ohio). I actually felt bad for the guy, because after about an hour, people were so bored that they started leaving. He didn't really connect with the crowd, and maybe that's because it was parent's weekend at Miami. I was glad Ray was blind, because he didn't want to see all those people walking out on him.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com