just procrastinating

Thursday, August 05, 2004

The Friendly Folks in HR
Man do I hate dealing with HR, which is something I have been doing a lot lately. Today I was treated quite rudely by someone who made a point of letting me know that "no one gets hired here unless it's through me", when she sensed that I wasn't giving her quite the respect that someone in her position of authority deserved. Normally, I shrug this kind of thing off, but in this case the HR rep works for a company that happens to be the financial institution that currently is in possession of what I consider a to be a non-trivial amount of our money.

But I don't think I'll make anything of it. It would just be nice to have a normal conversation with HR and not have to feel like a beggar asking for spare change. Part of it is that I feel like I am better than them, and maybe I shouldn't; but when it comes right down to it, I am! I don't treat people like that.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com