just procrastinating

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Ricky Williams
Dolphin's running back Ricky Williams "retired" at 27. What's his deal? I think I liked him better when he was more social phobic.
In his interview with the Herald, Williams said he didn't like that the NFL restricts its players from smoking marijuana. He said he'd gotten around NFL drug tests by drinking some special liquid concoction he claims many NFL players drink before drug tests.

"Human beings aren't supposed to be controlled and told what to do," he said. Elsewhere in the interview, he stated, "I'm finally free."
I'm with you Ricky, but unless you can be self-employed, sometimes you have to suck it up and deal with the rules. But I guess he has other reasons for retiring, legit ones, like not wanting to end up lame in his 30s, so I guess I can understand that.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com