just procrastinating

Friday, July 30, 2004

Enough With The Speeches Already
Andrew Sullivan does a nice job here of reviewing Kerry's speech.
But it was a B - performance, not as disastrous as Al Gore's rant in 2000, but nowhere near the level of the best. I mean, even Dole was better eight years ago. Some of it was so pompous and self-congratulatory I almost gagged. Can you believe he said this:
I was born in Colorado, in Fitzsimmons Army Hospital, when my dad was a pilot in World War II. Now, I'm not one to read into things, but guess which wing of the hospital the maternity ward was in? I'm not making this up. I was born in the West Wing!
One thought sprang into my mind immediately: what an arrogant jerk.
I thought he was going to say that he was born in the left wing, which would have made more sense. West Wing? That's just stupid.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com