just procrastinating

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Chicago
Speaking of work (below), since I don't really have any at the current time, I'm going to drive up to the great city of Chicago tomorrow to visit the family. One of the nice things about moving to Knoxville is that we are now a relatively easy driving distance to Chicago. I figure I can do it in about 8-9 hours, which I don't mind at all.

I'm kinda looking forward to the drive, since the last few hours of it I have driven a couple dozen times: that section of I-65 between Indy and Chicago that were part of my drive between home and Oxford, OH, where I went to college. I can do that drive with my eyes closed. The landscape changes from the subtle rolling hills of Southern Ohio to the flat, corn-filled plains of Indiana. As I recall, in Indiana it's difficult to find a radio station that isn't playing a John Mellencamp song, but maybe that's changed.

So I'll probably be back here on Monday or so, if you're wondering.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com