just procrastinating

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Be Nice To Me
I've been getting hounded by Virginia Blood services for the past three months, so decided I'd go give blood today to get them off my back. I try to give blood as often as can, but usually find some excuse or another to keep from doing it regularly.

Back when I worked for the Federal Government, the bloodmobile would come around on Friday every 2 months or so, and they would give us 4 hours of vacation time if you gave blood. What a sweet deal! So basically every couple of months I would give blood and get to take the afternoon off. Not only that, but as the nurse said today, "be careful if you drink alcohol, because one drink will feel like three". So four hours off and a cheap buzz to boot. You can't beat that.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com