just procrastinating

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Moving Companies Seem Kinda Sleazy
This is the first time that we have had to hire a professional moving company to move our stuff. Every other time we've moved we just got a Uhaul, but now we just have too much stuff to do it ourselves. So I have been getting estimates from various companies and have been learning a lot about the moving industry. There is a used-car-sales feel to these estimates, so I'm glad I found this website MovingScam, because two of the moving companies that have been in contact with me are blacklisted there. I didn't realize that there were so may scam artists in the moving industry, and that it is hard to sue them if they damage or steal your stuff because of some glitch in the interstate commerce laws.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com