just procrastinating

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Don't Drive Fast When It's Raining
Lots of rain today along I-81 this afternoon on the way back today, which meant lots white knuckle driving and accidents. I hate that ominous feeling of looking into a sky of dark gray ahead, and seeing the survivors of the storm coming with their lights on in the opposite direction. When rain really starts coming and visibility is zero, I am tempted to just pull over, but you can't really do that or you risk getting rear ended.

As we were just getting into the serious stuff I saw a truck moving a little too fast for conditions behind me and moved over into the right lane for him. A minute later, Mr. Speedy Truckdriver was jackknived in the median of the freeway. Traffic slowed in front of him and he couldn't stop in time. Oops.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com