just procrastinating

Monday, March 01, 2004

Sweet Jane
This is pretty cool, via Buck Hill, the Lou Reed guitar archive. I was always wondering how to play Rock and Roll and they have a version there that sounds right.

My first introduction to the Internet was back in 1994 and it was because someone told me they had all of REM's song lyrics and the guitar tab out there. That was the first thing that I ever downloaded. Prior to the Internet, if you were an average guitar player with a bad ear--meaning you can't readily discern what they are playing--you had to go out and buy tablature books or Guitar magazine to figure out how to play songs. I have a stack of these books and old Guitar mags from the pre-Internet days (at least pre-Internet for me). Now if I want to figure out how to play something, most everything popular is available on the Internet.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com