just procrastinating

Friday, February 27, 2004

The Passion
Everybody seems to be buzzing about this movie but I don't really have any desire to see it, at least not at the theater. As a non-practicing Catholic, I think it might just make me feel guilty about not going to Church, and I've got enough guilt...having been brought up through 12 years of Catholic schools. Plus its one of those movies that you have to read, and I'm not real good at that.

I was an altar boy in grade school and I always liked doing the Stations of the Cross, which the passion is basically a re-enactment of. There was something very serious about it, unlike a lot of the other Church stuff, which was mostly repetition. The Priests took this very seriously. It was a quiet, solemn occasion. They used candlelight. Anyway, one of these days, probably when we have kids, I'll head back to Church.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com