just procrastinating

Monday, March 01, 2004

Oscars
I didn't quite stay up and watch all of the Oscars since we usually go to bed between 10:00 and 10:30 in these parts, so I missed the Best Actor, Actress and Best Picture awards. I am disappointed that Bill Murray didn't win for his performance in Lost in Translation which I saw. If not Bill Murray, then I would have liked to see Johnny Depp take it, but he was a long shot. If anything they should have just given it to Bill Murray as a belated recognition for his portrayal of Carl Spackler, as man struggling to maintain a land besieged by gophers.

I'm glad Renee Zellweger won for Cold Mountain and she had a nice acceptance speech. I think she looks better with a little weight on her. I was waiting for Tim Robbins to spout out about Bush and the war after he won for Best Supporting Actor, but he took the high road. Way to go, Meat.

I only saw Seabiscuit and Lost in Translation this year, so I didn't really care so much about the Best Picture. The whole Lord of the Rings thing just hasn't appealed to me yet, since I never read the books and that fantasy stuff just doesn't do it for me. I like Sci-fi or anything time-travel related but this whole middle-earth thing? I dunno. Once they are all out on DVD I think that I will sit through them, because everyone I know who has seen them has given good reviews. Also because of their importance, it would be like not seeing the Star Wars trilogy, which in my mind is unthinkable.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com