just procrastinating

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Iced In
We got some freezing rain last night and there ain't no way that I can get out of here this morning. I spent about an hour clearing the driveway of about a half inch of ice. The road outside my house is hilly and I can't get enough traction to go up it and am not brave enough to try to go down it. (Going down it means that I have to maneuver around all of the parked cars on a street with a lot of turns, so that I can turn around and come back uphill to get out of the subdivision.) So I'll just wait it out until the salt truck comes, if it ever does. I have already had to help 2 brave (or stupid) souls by actually pushing the back end of their cars to turn them around and go back down the hill. And I think I hear another one....


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com