just procrastinating

Monday, January 26, 2004

Super Size this
Via Fark, this article in the New York Post about a filmmaker doing a documentary about eating a diet entirely of McDonald's for a month and the health problems that resulted. I was kind of skeptical about this; I lived next door to a McDonald's one year and I was never healthier. Of course I was 22 at the time and this guy, Morgan Spurlock is 33. I'm sure if I had the same diet I had when I was 22, I would put on a bunch of pounds as well. But I think this guy just has an axe to grind.

Anyway something about this seems a little fake, something just doesn't quite go together in this story:
Spurlock's girlfriend, Alex Jamieson, was horrified - she's a vegan chef.

"She was completely disgusted by me, not happy at all," he says. "But she realized what my goals were in trying to educate people."

Spurlock, a film producer who grew up in West Virginia and studied ballet for eight years, was spurred to make his first feature film while watching TV on Thanksgiving Day, 2002.
I can't put my finger on it, but this story just doesn't add up.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com