just procrastinating

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Motorcycle Diaries
Allow me to use this space to brag that I watched a movie with subtitles and actually kinda liked it. See, I'm cultured! This movie was even about filthy communists and I actually felt kinda sorry for them, for a second or so.

I think Motorcycle Diaries was a pretty good flick. It's a story of that Commie bastard Ernesto "Che" Guevara and his buddy Alberto Granado touring South America in 1952 by motorcyle, foot and boat. It's kind of a coming of age type movie; we see these two upper-middle class guys get exposed to some injustices along the trip, and this affects what they want to do with their lives. It's also kind of interesting because Che is pretty likable and you empathize with him, but you know that he turns out to be a pretty bad apple in the end.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com