just procrastinating

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Ossie Davis
Joe Versus The Volcano is on tonight, which is a movie I've always liked. One of my favorite parts of the movie are the scenes with Tom Hanks and Ossie Davis, who died on Thursday. Ossie plays Marshall, Joe's driver for the day, who helps him buy some clothes for his trip to Waponi Woo. Initially Marshall is reluctant to help Joe, because "clothes make the man" and since Joe doesn't know what kind of clothes he wants, Marshall doesn't know enough about Joe to tell him what kind of man he is. They work that out and end up at the Armani store. It's a nice scene and it's memorable, mostly because of Ossie.

Anyway, that's how I'll remember him and for his line "Do the Right Thing". In my head, I'll often what he said to Mookie: "Always do the right thing".


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com