just procrastinating

Monday, January 10, 2005

Weekend Movies
I rented a couple movies this weekend, both ending in -man. I'd been looking forward to Spiderman 2 for sometime, since Ebert said "Spider-Man 2 is the best superhero movie since the modern genre was launched with Superman" (1978). And I think he is right. I loved it. When it was over, I watched most of it again. I don't know what it is, but you really feel for that Peter Parker. That scene where he stopped the train was very moving, whatever that means. If you haven't seen this movie, stop whatever it you are doing and go get it. I might watch it again tonight.

The other movie ending in -man was Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.This one wasn't quite as good as Spiderman 2, but I still liked it. I hadn't intended to see this one because when Will Ferrell did the promotional tour for this on the Today show and whatnot, he was in character as Ron Burgundy and he wasn't really that funny. The actual character in the movie is funnier and more likeable. This movie has some hits and misses, so I'd only give it about 2 1/2 stars out of 4.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com