just procrastinating

Thursday, January 27, 2005

March Cliche
Since it's almost February already, I got to thinking about March. You know that saying about March, "In like a lion, out like a lamb"? I always liked that metaphor. It's certainly on target for Virginia, but not so much for Chicago. In Chicago, it's more like "in like a lion, out like jackass" and becomes more sheep-like as April progresses.

Anyway, that got me to thinking about something. You know during business meetings or training sessions occasional during introductions they will do the old: "What is your name and tell us something unique about yourself?" Most people will say something like, "I'm Tom and I coach Little League" or "I'm Mary and I like to sing in the church choir." My canned response is "I'm Dave and in my spare time I am working to develop a cliche that will be universally adopted." This usually elicits some concerned, uneasy laughter. But it's true.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com