just procrastinating

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Hey, remember awhile ago my wife interviewed for this job in Knoxville? She ultimately got the job which led me to tell my boss about it. This may or may not have resulted in me getting laid off back in April, and it definitely led to us selling our house. So then of course we packed up all of our things and moved.

Well, here we are at week 3 of my wife's job...and she wants out. Its a long story which has been brewing since about day 2 of her time there, the gist of it being that my wife would like to practice conservatively, ethically and within the limits of the law. Here is an article that explains some of her fears. Needless to say, I fully support her decision and think it is the right thing to do. Although, it certainly makes things a little more complicated.

So where does that leave us? We may have to lurk around here a little longer to fulfill part of her contract, but we aren't sure yet. Ultimately, we are headed back to a city that begins with a "Ch", and that could be Chicago, or Charlottesville, depending on a number of different factors.

So, I guess it's not that big of a deal in the vast scheme of things. Sucks, but hey, win some/lose some. Besides, Knoxville hasn't really clicked with me, and I can't stand all the orange that people wear around here.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com