just procrastinating

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Haircut
I need to get a haircut this week so I need to find a new person to cut my hair. That isn't easy to do; it took me 2 years to find someone adequate when I lived in Charlottesville. I often wish I could fly Lennie, my old hairstylist from my days in DC, down here to fix my hair. No one knew my hair like Lennie. But, alas, I am not John Kerry:
Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry likes to style himself as the candidate of working folks, while scissoring President Bush as the protector of the rich.

"We have to bring back an America that values work and honors working people, day in and day out," Kerry urged in a recent stump speech.

But when every campaign stop is a photo op, even a man of the people needs a high-quality haircut.

I hear that when Kerry was in Portland, Ore., last weekend preparing to windsurf on the Columbia River Gorge, he flew his Washington-based hairstylist, Isabelle Goetz, across the country to give him a camera-ready trim.
He does have a good haircut.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com