just procrastinating

Thursday, April 15, 2004

Turbo Tax
Turbo Tax for the web sucks. I have been using it for 4 years now and it really hasn't improved one bit. It is still the same unfriendly user interface, the support is non-existent or expensive and something always gets screwed up.

This year I e-filed and waited until Sunday night, only to find on Tuesday that it was rejected because some information from TurboTax (my previous AGI) in the electronic signature didn't match what was reported to the IRS, so I had to try again. Of course since today is the deadline, when I check my e-file status it says "please wait 24-48 and check back". So of course, I'm like, "well I don't have 24-48 hours". Luckily buried somewhere deep on the support page, it says that as long as you have submitted them by 4/15, if they are subsequently rejected, you can still send them in by mail until 4/20. Still, that info should have been displayed prominently.

I suppose this would have gone better had I not procrastinated and waited until the last minute.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com