just procrastinating

Friday, April 09, 2004

Apprentice Update
So it's gonna be Bill or Kwame. This episode was a little different in that now that it was down to four, they didn't have a challenge. Trump brought in a group of his top execs and had them interview all four of the candidates. So we were treated to a few minutes of watching them stumble through interview questions.

Watching that, it was obvious that Amy Henry hadn't really done her homework on the Trump corporation. In one of her interviews, you could see that she kept trying to change the subject. That obviously didn't play well and is one of the reasons that she got fired. Nick was kind of the same way. As they described him, there was just no substance behind his answers. So he got fired too.

It was kind of funny seeing Bill Rancic get asked the "What is one of your weaknesses?", question and he used the old "take a strength and make it look like a weakness" answer. You know, "I'm too much of a perfectionist" or something like that. People see through these instantly, as did Trump's interviewer. The right answer to these, I think, is to take an actual weakness that most people have or can empathize with, and then talk about how you are doing something to compensate for it. I always use the public speaking one, and then can say the steps I took to overcome it. But I may have to change that since I really think I have overcome it.

Now that it is down to Bill and Kwame, the final challenge is to manage an event that is held by the Trump Corporation. Bill got lucky and ended up with a golf tournament, and Kwame got the Jessica Simpson concert at the Taj Mahal. They brought back the 6 most recent losers to be the teams for Bill and Kwame. The deciding factor in this might be that Kwame picked Omarosa to be on his team and she is already f'ing things up.

I suppose I'm rooting for Bill to win, because of the Chicago angle. But both of them seem like good guys, so I'd be happy either way. Like Kelly, I get a kick out of the whole Kwame/Troy friendship. Those guys are like brothers.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com