just procrastinating

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Abercrombie & Fitch
I go over to the mall about twice a week for lunch just to get a change of scenery, so I end up visiting the J.Crew, Eddie Bauer, Gap, and Abercrombie & Fitch pretty regularly. I rarely buy anything, but I just like to walk around and see what's new.

Today, I decided that Abercrombie and I are moving in different directions. I have know this for a few years now: that I am no longer in their target demographic. Back when I was the target, in the salad days of the early to mid-90s when the place was a maze of flannel and perpendicular lines, there was always something there that I wanted. More recently, I have always liked their T-shirts because of the quality, and their boxers are the only ones I wear.

But today, I went in and the music was too loud. The girls behind the counter looked at me funny. But for an occasional T-shirt and the boxers, there was nothing that I could leave the house in, without feeling silly. I feel like they're the one who has changed, but I guess it's me too.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com