just procrastinating

Friday, April 16, 2004

Apprentice Finale
The final Apprentice episode was last night and I feel pretty good about the outcome because the Chicagoan Bill Rancic won. As I mentioned before, I was impressed by him early on, specifically during the Planet Hollywood episode when he made the team think about what foods had the highest profit margins.

Ultimately, Omarosa ended up bringing Kwame down. He seems like a good guy, but why would you want to leave your job at Goldman Sach's to go and work for Trump? I suppose those jobs aren't that great from a "quality of life" perspective, since a lot of those New York investment bankers work until 10PM or later, which to me is no kind of life.

Trump gave the winner the option to choose between two jobs in his company, and I'm not sure that Bill's background is the best fit for the one that he ultimately chose: overseeing a 90-story building project in Chicago. It seems like someone with a little bit of civil engineering in their background might be needed for that. But, I suppose Trump was just a Wharton grad when he got in the business, so you can probably learn it on the job.

So what is NBC going to do now on Thursday nights with no Apprentice and soon, no Friends?


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com