just procrastinating

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Moving On
I've known about this for awhile, but July 31 will be my last day here at work for the cable company (Adelphia Communications). For the past 2 years or so I worked in Finance at the Regional office here in Charlottesville and since Comcast is taking over the Adelphia assets here in Charlottesville, they already have a bunch of people like me up in Philly or wherever, so it's back to the unemployment line. And that's OK.

It actually couldn't have worked out better since my wife has to head back to work on August 1, so I can stay home with Zoey for awhile, until something else comes around.

We've been in Charlottesville for 6 years now (but for the couple of months we were in Knoxville), and this will be the 3rd time that I've been laid off. I'm not an idiot, so maybe I should take a hint from this. But then again, we like it here, my wife has a good job and, but for the whole career thing, it is a great place to live.

I've been posting less and less on this blog, and that will probably continue for awhile unless I think of something funny or clever that I just have to post, or have more pics that I want to post here. Anyway, that's my story.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com