just procrastinating

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Movie Quotes
I watched that AFI Movie quotes special last night. Here is a list. Some that I have heard myself use recently:
11. "What we've got here is failure to communicate," "Cool Hand Luke," 1967

12. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning," "Apocalypse Now," 1979

29. "You can't handle the truth!", "A Few Good Men," 1992

36. "Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!", "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre," 1948

92. "Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac ... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!", "Caddyshack," 1980.
I kinda expected the Clark Gable quote to be #1, but you have to wonder if there will ever be a time when it wouldn't. A hundred years from now is anyone going to understand the significance of that quote?


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com