just procrastinating

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Traffic
One reason why I don't miss Chicago:
Drivers in the Chicago area are spending more time behind the wheel during an ever-expanding rush hour, according to a study released Monday that bumped the region into the No. 2 spot for roadway congestion nationwide.

The Chicago area had been ranked the third most traffic-clogged since 2000 but passed the San Francisco area for the first time.
I believe it. My reverse commute from Lincoln Park to Northbrook took 45 minutes in the morning if I left before 6:30 and an hour on the way back, all for a 19 mile 1-way trip. And that's taking the Edens. Throw a little weather in the mix and it got out of hand quickly. On Wednesdays I would think, I am half done with commuting this week. I've gotten spoiled here with my 3 minute commute, so I don't think I could ever go back to that.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com