just procrastinating

Monday, April 25, 2005

TV
I've had the same old 25 inch TV for almost 10 years and it's time to put it into retirement. There's a new TV in my future and I couldn't be happier. The problem is that you need a PhD in electrical engineering to understand the intricacies of these fancy new TVs. I've been to Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears and Sam's Club over the past few weeks and I still haven't been able to pull the trigger.

As I was telling my wife, this decision is in fact more important that choosing a spouse, since you will spend more time paying attention to the TV. So it is not something to be rushed into.

In our situation, we don't really need something that will fit on the wall like Plasma or LCD, because the area where the TV will go is deep enough to fit a normal TV. So that is good because those are kinda pricey, but they are also give the best picture so it is tempting. Of course with plasma you always have the issue of "burn in" or dead pixels, so you have that to conted with.

They say the best picture still comes from regular old CRT TVs, which was my first option, but they don't seem to come bigger than 36 inches, and that's just not going to cut it.

The projection type TVs are next and some of these aren't that great when viewed from an angle. But some of them are, and we liked these two, the Sony, an LCD projection and this JVC. I'll probably read something today that tells me that I should be looking elsewhere. But still, not a bad problem to have.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com