just procrastinating

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I Voted For W
Here I go and get up at 6:00 AM so that I can be at the polls by 6:45, thinking that there would be a long line, like we have seen in Florida. Total wait: 4 minutes. The Kerry guys even had coffee and donuts at their table outside of the polling place and were offering it to everyone, regardless of who you were voting for.

I'm feeling less confident about my prediction yesterday, but have inoculated myself enough that if Kerry takes this thing, I'll be OK with it.

In some ways George W has served his purpose. He cut taxes, reduced the marriage penalty, was the right man in charge on 9/11 and had the balls to finally do something about Saddam Hussein. You can argue about how well he executed these initiatives, but at least he did something.

If he loses today, he only has himself to blame, in that he didn't work hard enough to convince a larger audience that he was doing the right thing. And he could have convinced them if he communicated more, but he chose to largely ignore press conferences or any venue which would have put him or his policies under scrutiny.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com