just procrastinating

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

ESPN Classic
I watched most of the University of Miami vs. Boston College game that made Doug Flutie famous on ESPN Classic last night. This is the one with the Hail Mary pass in the final 6 seconds. That game was 20 years ago yesterday, and I remember it like it was yesterday. That was the year (1984) that Flutie won the Heisman trophy. And what the heck is a 5'9" 42 year old still doing in the NFL?

As I recall, Doug Flutie decided to pass on the NFL and went with the USFL out of college. Probably not the smartest thing to do in retrospect, but I'm sure he was paid well for it. Then the Bears got him in 1986 as another back up to Jim McMahon who seemed to be hurt a lot of the time. I didn't realize he was still playing. Pretty impressive.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com