just procrastinating

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Knoxville 530.5
I just completed the first (and last) Homewood to Knoxville 530.5. My wife and I had both driven to Chicago last week, and to make things interesting, I thought a race back to Knoxville would make the trip both fun, and exciting.

Well as it turns out, I was the only one who was actually racing, but I still won big!

Results: We both left at 10:30 EDT. I arrive at 6:14 EDT, so that's 7 hours and 44 minutes. Average speed = 68.57 mph. Not too bad considering I stopped at a rest area for about 4 minutes outside Indianapolis, and had to stop for gas a few miles short of Lexington, KY, where there was only one filthy bathroom which I had to wait about 3 minutes for. That cost me about 10 minutes.

Anyway, my wife rolled in at around 7:04 and didn't seem too impressed with my amazing, possibly world record time. But they have a word for people like that.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com