just procrastinating

Friday, May 21, 2004

Arizona
Did I mention that I was on vacation for a week or so? On Saturday, I flew out to Phoenix and met my wife who was there for a medical conference. We hung out there for a day and half, and spent our time looking at cactuses, and being hot, which is what people do in Phoenix. As for that whole “dry heat” thing, there is something to that as long as you are in the shade. But the sun is really the issue. The sun is bright, white hot and unrelenting, like a mother fucker. But yeah, Phoenix: cactuses are neat, sun is hot. Wear sunscreen.

Then we drove up to Sedona, which is famous for having red rocks and being pretty. There is also something about vortexes (or vortices) being there, but I still don’t have a clue what they were talking about. We went on hikes and took a Jeep tour and I took hundreds of pictures of the red rocks, some of which are here, most of which were out of focus or too light. I would say that Sedona is a nice place to visit if you happen to be in the area, but as my wife said. “It is beautiful here, but I don’t think we will be back unless we are driving though.” But it was nice to get away.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com