just procrastinating

Sunday, April 25, 2004

Point Break
Point Break was on FX Friday night, and I had to watch it. Point Break is one of those movies that I have seen maybe 15-20 times and for some reason, I can still watch the entire movie. You know the story: Federal Agent Johnny Utah goes undercover and befriends a group of surfers to help him find the ex-presidents, who are a group of bankrobbers, only to realize that his friends, led by Patrick Swayze as Bodhi, are in fact, the ex-presidents.

I always liked that LA surfer lifestyle. I feel like those are my people, even though I don't surf, and really have no intention of ever entering the ocean again. Also, this movie has cameos by the RHCP's Anthony Kiedis, and great acting by Keanu Reeves. For example: "I...am an FBI...agent." or "You gotta go down. People trusted you and then they died!" When he said those lines, I actually believed that Keanu was an FBI agent, and that he truly believed that Bodhi had to go down. No really, I did. Anyway, this movie is up there with Casablanca in my book.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com