just procrastinating

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Share Your Experiences?
This has got to be a scam. I get this email today from my spam filled umich.edu address and it says this:
This is not commercial email.

Someone who knows you has just begun the process of sharing experiences and opinions about you in our online community.

If this email message was delivered to your spam or bulk email folder please notify your ISP or spam filtering company regarding this mistake on their part.

To view all of the postings about you at our website use this link...
So needless to say this captured my interest. So I go out to their website and investigate and, sure enough, people are looking for information about me, and people who know me "very well" "socially" are giving it up. Although to contact these people and find out what the are saying, you will need to upgrade to a Platinum membership, only $39.95.

OK, I get it, a profit scheme...


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com